Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding the upcoming virtual career fair.
Q: How does a virtual career fair work?
- Employers register for the career fair through the REMO provided to you.
- Registered candidates will be able to scroll through each fair's list of employer attendees to review which organizations are participating, what their respective opportunities are, and what, if any, pre-qualifications are listed to qualify for 1:1 chats.
- Employers are able to facilitate interactive panels and discussions to share more about the positions that they are hiring for, as well as more about their company culture and values.
- Attendees may curate their schedule in advance or visit multiple “rooms” of their choosing throughout the day, asking questions in the group setting or initiating a one-to-one text or audio chat with a recruiter.
- Employers will be able to customize registrations (booths) through the White Board Feature [https://youtu.be/4VuuFzy9kFI]
- For more information, please check out the tutorial for the Remo platform here: https://youtu.be/7MULDTn909k
Q: Is there a cost to the job fair?
Q: What types of jobs are attendees looking for?
Each attendee will specify their intentions for attending the job fair as well as which career they are most interested in at the time of registration. This information will be shared with our participating employers so they can be prepared on the day of the career fair.
Q: How many candidates attended the career fair in November?
There were over one hundred job seekers in attendance during the career fair in November. We are expecting more during this event in March.
Q: Where are attendees located?
The career fair is being advertised locally here in the San Francisco Bay Area and will attract candidates throughout the Western Region of the United States.
Q: What experience level will the average attendee have?
Job seekers at our career fairs had intermediate to mid-level management experience levels with a wide range of transferrable skillsets to fir your company's needs.
Q: How many applicants will be allowed at each table?
Each table can host a max of five candidates in addition to our sponsors.